Background

Favorite Scripture

Alma 37:37
Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Our First Letter

hello everybody!!!

The MTC has been soooooooooooo amazing! The work is VERY fast paced but it keeps me going throughout my day. So far, I haven't fallen asleep as much in class as much as i thought i would! Quite frankly, I think that it is the Spirit that is keeping me awake. haha But I have come to know that there is nothing like the Spirit here in the MTC. The highlight of my first day was when the new missionaries sang "Army of Helaman". Instead of the words being "we WILL BE the Lords missionaries", it was "we ARE NOW the Lords missionaries." If i had to guess, there were probably about 400 elders and sisters singing this but honestly, it sounded like 2000. Such a powerful experience!!! It was difficult to hold back the tears of joy.

Well now I think that i should share a little bit of humor about the MTC food. For the first few days, as clueless as I am known to be, I thought it'd be a good idea to eat hard boiled eggs and i failed to realize that they give you THE WORST gas in the world. So the elders that i room with almost made me sleep outside. haha one elder even said that he cant even be mad about it stinking up the residence hall because he was impressed? hahahaha never thought that bad gas can impress missionaries. hahaha

My district is sooooooo AWESOME! we all feel like brothers even from day 1. There are 11 of us and we all love each other. My companion is Elder Haupt [How-Pt] and he is SO cool! i knew him at BYU Idaho and I played soccer with him alot. he is a little energetic but i see it in a way that he is soooooo happy and excited to be here in the MTC with me as his companion!!! We room with Elder Kingsford and Sheppard. Elder Kingsford played scrum half on the rugby team at University of Utah while a senior in High School. He played on the B-side team. So all of you can imagine that we are rugby buddies then haha All 10 other elders are strong stripling warriors who help me become a better instrument in the Lords hands.

Well on Sunday, Elder Haupt and I were called as zone leaders ALREADY!!! Shocking right?! We are fresh in the MTC and we already have to help the incoming missionaries this Wednesday! so its pretty overwhelming but at the same time, i cant wait to serve in this calling to help me become a better leader. Most importantly, I cant wait for the blessings that the Lord has in store for me as i serve the elders in my zone. Elder Haupt is excited as well!!!

Me and Elder Haupt are teaching 2 proxy investigators: Mike and Steve. Mike is not grasping the message like we wished he would. He declined our invitation to him to be baptized but he said that we can continue teaching him. Steve loves how families are centered around the Church and we already got him to say the closing prayer of our first meeting! things are well with steve! so with mike, we fasted yesterday for him and we are praying that his heart will be softened. Cant wait to see what happens next!

Overall the MTC is sooooo amazing! thank you brother and sisters for the love and support you have given me as i serve the Lord. I know that this is God's kingdom on earth today. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that he died for us. thank you all for everything and God be with you till we meet again!

Much love,
Elder Jordan Robert Mower


Hey family!!!

Ive got LOTS of letters!!! most out of my district!!! haha keep em coming include that in my general letter! i saw Wes but is till need to give him his surprise haha i also saw many friends haha pday is on Monday and im doing good with sleep hahahaha my instructors are sooo amazing!!! i miss you and i love you!!! id go on and on but i only have a minute left with my timer so i have to go!!! May the Lord be with you always!!! i love you soooo much and ill write to you to give more details on the first week!!! miss you! Tell Heidi ill write her!!!
All the love in the world from your son and brother and missionary,

Elder Jordan Robert Mower

No comments: