Background

Favorite Scripture

Alma 37:37
Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Elder Mower's Letter... June 13, 2011

Hello once again!!!

Well this has been yet another interesting but amazing week at the MTC! by the way, I'm very sorry i couldn't get the email out in the morning. I didn't have enough time to finish before i went to the temple.

so where do i start...OH! so i was in the cafeteria with Elder Haupt, my companion. He yelled "ELDER MOWER!? WHERE ARE YOU?!" There were ALOT of people in the cafeteria that day. so then next thing i know, someone next to me says "YES???" and i read his name tag which said: "Elder Mower" then i was thinking wowwwwww!!! more than one Elder Mower out there haha EVEN BETTER!!! hahahahahaha suprisingly, he didnt have any family connections with me. he's from Utah, which is where a lot of my dads side of the family lives haha oh well. makes it even cooler to find another elder mower out there haha.

This week in the MTC has been VERY CHALLENGING and DEMANDING. I was able to teach lessons very well but i was struggling with discerning the needs of people i teach by asking them inspired questions. I was getting REALLY discouraged! So after a few days of disappointment, I prayed and prayed and prayed even harder. a few days later, i started to improve and i was doing pretty good. so then when my companion challenged me the other day, he told me that i did really good and i was able to discern what he needed to hear. But that was NOT ME, i KNOW that it was the Spirit! i have never seen the Lord help me SOOOO much in my life with my weaknesses. It was such a HUGE testimony builder!!!

So I'm still getting by with the MTC food. I wouldn't say its to friendly to the belly but its food so ill live right? haha Oh! and there is a HUGE nara virus out break in the MTC hahaha so that means being EXTRA CAREFUL on whos hand you shake haha i had the opportunity to speak with the MTC President, President Brown, after my sacrament meeting yesterday but I COULDN'T SHAKE HIS HAND!!!! :[ oh well haha also he is getting released within the next week or 2 and the FIRST PRESIDENCY will do that!!! i SURE HOPE that i will be able to shake their hands if they come while I'm here hahaha

Last Tuesday was AMAZING, for MTC devotional, i got to meet the general authority whose one of many talks i based my farewell talk off of. His name is Elder Yoshihiko Kikuchi! it was such a neat experience!!! He counseled us to "find our own sacred grove." I encourage all of you to do so as well. I have and the Lord has answered COUNTLESS prayers!

I absolutely love my calling as zone leader although sometimes its stressful!!!!!!!! sometimes i wouldn't even have time to prepare a lesson!!! time is precious now!!! (at least a lot more now) haha

So me and the elders are trying to see who is studlier so keep the packages and letters coming! if you cant, don't worry about it and i still love you! but i cant guarantee that ill write everyone back because I'm SUPER BUSY but i promise that i will do my best!!!

I decided to get you a scripture for each week of my mission so my scripture for the week is Ether 12:27. I cant put it on here due to time but I want each of you to know that i have a testimony of the gospel and i know that God lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that this is His kingdom here ion earth. I know that if we pray , humble our hearts and do our very best, then the Lord WILL take care of the rest! have a great week everybody and i love you all!!!

Much Love,

Elder Mower



Dear mom, dad, and family:

I got my contact lens and I'm sooooooo grateful for that! I'm am doing well as you can see. very tough week but i carried on and the Lord gave me strength that i thought that i could never have. He truly does hear our prayers and I'm beginning to obtain and ever more clear perspective of the divinity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. How are you guys!? Tell me everything! How are the grading plans and house plans??? Is the house pretty crazy??? Hows work dad?! are the kiddos being helpful? Hows Jacob doing in football??? Taylor in dance? oh and about football, Elder Kingsford and I were talking: he loves football and rugby but he prefers rugby. Sorry Jay! :D jk hahahaha but i just want you to know that all is well! classes and teaching are great. My teachers, Brother Farley and Prawitt are awesome! life is amazing in the MTC and i absolutely love it! sad that i leave on the 21st but i cant wait for the mission field!!!!!! so my last PDAY in the MTC is SATURDAY ill send out an email and the plan to call you at the airport! its not a direct flight its from Utah to Denver to Minnesota i flt out first at 7 05 am so ill probably call you at Denver! I've got a minute left only so i love you all sooo soooo sooooo much and i thank you for your love support, prayers and your burning testimonies wihich will keep me warm!

I love you all FOREVER!

Much love to you,

Elder Jordan Mower

Your son, brother, and missionary

No comments: