Background

Favorite Scripture

Alma 37:37
Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Elder Mower Letter #3

hello everybody!!!

I'm sorry i couldn't get around to email on Saturday like i said but the MTC computer system never let me go on email because its not my real P day. oh well. here i am so that's all that matters right??? haha. So I'm sooooooooo excited to leave for Minnesota tomorrow!!! i cant wait to actually get out there with real people! Also because the food is officially KILLING me hahaha. I'm stoked for the real deal with real investigators!

So here is one last update on my mTC investigators: Gene unfortunately has not shown faith in Jesus Christ and he believes that it takes time to get an answer about the BOM. Me and my companion are trying to teach him that that's not always the case but nothing changed. :/ We committed MANY investigators to baptism! Mike first had a problem with praying in front of people and wouldn't pray with us. He finally did and now he has shown faith in Jesus Christ with a repentant heart and now hes willing to be baptized. Randy was by far our biggest success!!! he read up to 2 Nephi between a period of 2 days!!!!! he is legally blind so he bought it on iTunes and listens to it while he does yoga in the morning! He had a willing heart to come unto Jesus Christ and he committed to be baptized without hesitation! sooooo amazing! We taught Steve as a district in our last lesson with him. We thought it would be a mess but instead, we all taught with unity!. Steve had faith in the Atonement but he felt like he couldn't forgive himself. We gave the most powerful lesson on Gods love for His children in relation to the Atonement. I couldn't hold back tears! Steve has shown such a great desire to change his life more than any investigator. We had one chance to teach a firefighter paramedic named Bob and he was very receptive. He even had the faith to get on his knees (he has BAD knees)
and to pray to his Heavenly Father. soooo cool! I also taught a retired helicopter pilot named Jim. He was super interested in the gospel. We only met with him once but he showed so much faith and i know that the next missionaries that teach him will teach him what he needs to hear.

So i was released from my calling as zone leader yesterday in sacrament. its bittersweet because it was stressful on top of missionary work nut i absolutely LOVED it. Preaching the gospel has brought me soooo much happiness but now its going to be more joyful when i preach to the people of Minnesota. All i can say is that the MTC prepared me well to serve out in the mission field.


My scripture for the week is 3 Nephi 27:27.

I know that this gospel is true. i know that God lives and that He loves all of His children perfectly and unconditionally. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He suffered the Atonement that we may be forgiven everyday of our lives of all that we've done that we regret. I know that it has a sanctifying power and enables us to someday become like our Father in Heaven.

I love you all and I cant wait to share my next 2years of missionary work in Minnesota!

Love,

Elder Mower



hey family!!!

First off i want to wish Jacob a happy birthday!!!! I'm sorry i could email on Saturday. the system wouldn't let me email that day so i had to do it today. but i hope this is a good late birthday present for you Jacob. you are a great example to me. I MEAN that. Keep on being help-ful Jay!!! i know you will be an amazing example to the younger ones! Dad, i just wanted to wish you a happy fathers day (late one day of course) but I'm so happy that i can talk to you today since i couldn't on Saturday. I just wanted to let you know how awesome you are as a dad. I was watching music and the spoken word with the Mo Tab yesterday and the theme was how wonderful fathers really are!!! i put me to tears how amazing you really are dad! i absolutely mean that! i love you!

So here is my flight info: I leave from SLC to Denver at 730 am. Ill arrive at 853 am. my next flight to Minneapolis does not go until 1133 am so ill call you in between the two flights so keep your phones on you!!! (remember this not in California time).

Ive gotten LOTS of mail and packages so no need to worry about that!

Well I'm out of time so i just wanted to say HOW AWESOME you are! i cant wait to go to Minnesota and bless lives and bring good news, hope, and miracles to peoples lives! I love you all sooo much and ill talk to you soon!!! :]

MUCH LOVE,

Elder Mower

No comments: